Day 1 (Recap) July 15,2023
Day 1: July 15 (written on day 2 because new habits are hard to stick too especially when you havent started them!)
This morning after a night of fireworks we have finally decided to head out! We are both excited to start what seems to me like Day 1 (hence the title) of our adventure….although Geoff is probably right….its really just page 1 of a new chapter.
Either way its going to be epic! Fuck ordinary….we are determined to take this life in and drag as many of you as we can along with us!
This means annoying posts…and asks, prompting people to come visit. The goal being to allow people a chance to experience life through our eyes…and realign with life.
Yes…yes…I know….one day you will be lucky enough to do what we are doing. However, the truth is that day was yesterday and the day before that….too many of us die WAITING for the perfect moment to live the life they want. Assuming you are one of the lucky ones that even know that that is.
So off we go. The sun is shining, the water is flat and we are off!
I will say that I have lived on a marina bound boat for hmmmm 3 years now maybe….and only since meeting Geoff have been lucky enough to venture out and call myself a newbie boater. Seeing as I cannot dock the boat…and still hate driving in shitty weather I will refrain from calling myself a true boater!
With each trip out tho…and each journey we make..... my confidence was both strengthened and my fears reassured. And yet here we go ...
Life lesson: there is truly no way to get somewhere if your not willing to leave where you are!
It will always be scary…but thats what makes it exciting!
As I watch new houses…buildings and landscapes appear ...and Tallships (an extremely visible building once called home) disappear, it begins to sink in that we are actually doing it!
We are finally on Day 1 (or page 1)
The drive from Brockville to where we are now: even if we had no idea this was where we were heading, was stunning and kind.
Plenty of boaters, waving happily with a few mumbling under their breath unaware at how well their voices carry over water until I politely let them know that they need not worry as we would be leaving shortly. (yes passive aggressive but made me giggle to see the look on their faces as they quickly were humbled by their own ignorance)
Comments
Post a Comment