Reset and Regrounded

Whoever says boating is relaxing always makes me ask how much time they have spent on a boat!

Last night again I awoke with the wind blowing and the snaps of the canvas slapping loudly against the window. This isn't a worry normally but now my senses heightened, each sound reminded me of the night before and the strong winds and rains that had demanded our attention. 

Forcing myself to try to fall quietly back to sleep, I finally crawled out of bed to attend to the loose items that remained on deck.

Reminding myself that if I didn't we would have earned the lose shoe or donated cushion that had floated by just yegaterday. 

Remembering the towels pinned to the bow (front of the boat) I moved up the side of the boat...above where Geoff lay trying to sleep. Successfully gathering the towels (despite the winds effort) 

I began to move along the side of the boat once more. Greeted by the screams of what Geoff has deemed a teradactle, a heron screamed at me, causing me to curse back into the night as I watched him sore from our boat! 

Geoff later giggled than burst out laughing as he than filled me in on his side of the story.

Apparently, it looked like a 3 year old had finger painted in its feces, smearing it down the length of the boat and across ever rail which I held on to as I scurred back! 

Let's be honest it didn't phase me...but only made me giggle at how we both somehow were okay with that! 

Yes boat life is soooooo glamorous!

Apparently it hasn't been the locals scurring about the boat as we sleep, or at least not the ones that had first caught my thoughts! 

Heading out we found ourselves in a welcoming marina 'Half Moon' which we would call home for the night. 

A day filled with cleaning the boat and walking trips to town with backpacks that surely made us look adventurous or perhaps simple childish. Either way.....we shoved our supplies neatly inside. The best find ......wait for it.....for those that know me well.....I found Ol'Smokey pickle spears!!! AND Pineapple in Pina Colada!!! * insert childish giggles and smiles here!! * Despite these glorious finds there was still work to be done...(will skip boring details here) 

Fast forward....a beach away....we chased after who could find the best rock. Convinced we had filled the backback with what were surely precious gems! 

Only to be followed by a short shooter ride to the wrong place and yet at the perfect place for us. Greeted by dogs....and local brews...we settled in to find the most delightful MEAD! Reminding me for the first time of what I have always remembered it to be! Aka Yummy! And somehow grounding! Guessing that's the old roots setting in. All in all.....a day of finally finding ourselves again in this crazy world....and realizing just how crazy we look to the outside world living in one that we seem to define as truly our own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finally an update on everything and nothing

Helllllo Charity Status!

4800 km to go! But whos counting!