North Carolina!
I have been quiet the last few days...
With some things heavier than words can express and not worth trying to explain.
Every journey has its moments
Those that demand silence.
Entering Norfolk, I wasn't prepared for what would become our world.
Surrounded by Navy ships....
We were dwarfed in size.....
Faced with what those ships had seen...or had yet to experience.
Whatever the case....it wasn't one that left us with much to write about.
It was as if our words were silenced by what should be known.
Such a crazy world this is!
We always think we know so much more than that which truly is.
Always lost in our own perception.
We met so many wonderful and kind souls there in Norfolk.....yet just couldn't shake the unknown.
Finally making our way towards North Carolina.....we were able to regain our sense of balance....maybe even a sylable or two.
Watching the industrial world change and nature trying to resume its role......we glimpsed the banks of what seemed close to home.
Travelling on....the water calm....we still tried to find our words.
Just as nature seemed to resume control, we had the privilege? Of our own private fighter jet show!!!
For those that know us this was both a blessing and a curse!
Phones sealed away...and powered off.....we struggled to capture the moment....(don't worry we were wearing ti foil hats-just yet)
Dancing between enjoying the show that was for us alone and pushing them away!
Such an amazing and humbling experience!
I thank those that pilotted the jet.....for it was a moment I will never forget.
Our ears and hearts both racing from the feeling of them swooping and dancing around the boat.
Flying high on the adreline....we entered into Alligator Canal? A wonderfully canal that only further allowed us to watch the world change.
To watch the vegetation change from not being able to hold on....to flourishing!
It was truly remarkable! And one I would recommend to anyone!!
It is the favorite day of the trip yet!
I joked that for much of this day we didn't have our phones.....which makes me wonder if there is a correlation. Or just life forcing us to treasure that moment....
At last we made it to Belhaven!
Yep that's where we were heading....a small town that was recommended by a friend.
An untouched town....that deserves your respect.
A town full of PEOPLE who care.....
A town who's heart and soul is palatable even with flooded streets and grateful smiles.
A town worth the visit.
Which brings me to tonight.
We stayed today to visit a restaurant....
A foodie must.
Something that makes me laugh....
And as many of you know I'm not one for musts.....or reservations.....
But here we find ourselves.
A small town place....with more heart than words can express.
With a local artist handing out apologize for her freshly printed menus.....because they weren't hand drawn....
We feel in love.
After a WONDERFUL meal! @spoonriver
We silently tried to slip her a thanks with our earrings....(home made on the laser as many of you have seen)
Without even knowing what was in the bag I had slipped her.....
She grabbed my hand and whisked me into the back room.....
Handing Geoff and I a bottle of her favourite wine....and allowing herself a moment to breathe.....we departed with a hug and more kind words!
Both better off for the small pause and crossing of paths!
I feel even more in love with this town....
And giggled and cursed as now I sit and right this damn blog!
Between the fighter pilots and warm hearted artists! It is clear...that they needed to have their stories told......
Because you never know the impact YOU have on someone's life!
How merely making time to listen or SEE someone.....can be just what you both need.
So please STOP.....
Listen and see the people you cross paths with....
We all have our own stories......
But you never know who will inspire your next chapter......
![]() |
| Belhaven Marina |
![]() |
| River Spoon Restaurant |
![]() |
| Lots of love @spoonriver |





Comments
Post a Comment